Move over B/W. Now’s the time to step up document performance with a full-colour communications enhancer, the MX-2314N.
Compact and efficient, this A3 full-colour solution offers high-quality copying and network printing, convenient network scanning, and a B/W fax option. Optionally available USB direct printing, document filing, and previewing bring heightened performance, and the optional encryption/overwriting of data stored on the MFD’s memory provides enhanced security. To boost productivity, there’s a 100-sheet Reversing Single Pass Feeder, optional 500 + 2,000-sheet paper drawers, and a host of other business-supporting features. To help the MX-2314N keep pace with your growing business, there’s the Sharp OSA (Open Systems Architecture) option, an innovative development platform that opens the door to more advanced functions.
- Sharpdesk Mobile – Keeping pace with the way you work
- 7.0 Inch Colour LCD Touchscreen
- Web browsing from the touchscreen
- Choice of Screen Style
- Breathtaking Image Quality
- Enhanced Intuitive Operation
Copying and Printing
- Super-Efficient Colour and B/W Output
- Built-in Stackless Duplex Module and RSPF
- Large Paper Capacity
- Automated Finishing
- Multishot and Booklet making
- Direct Printing
- A3 Colour Network Scanning
- Multiple Distribution of Scanned Files
- LDAP Support
- Skip Blank Page
- PC-Fax/PC-Internet Fax
- Internet Fax
- Paperless Faxing with Inbound Routing
- Data Security Kit
- Encrypted PDF with Password Protection
- Document Control Function
- Secure Network Access
- Print Hold and Confidential Print
- User Authentication
- Scan to Me Function
- Data Initialisation
- Document Control Function (option)
- Web-Based System Settings
- Network Utility Software
- Remote Operation and Diagnosis
Other Key Features
- Thumbnail Display and 3D Previews
- Device Cloning
- Pre-heat/Auto Power shut-off modes
- MXDE13: 500 x 2 sheet paper feeding unit
- MXDE14: 500 x 3 sheet paper feeding unit
- MXDE20: 500 x 1 & 2000 tandem sheet paper draw
- MXLT10: Long Paper Feeding Tray
- MXTR12: Exit Tray Unit
- MXFN17: Inner finished
- MXPN11: Punch module (A:2, B:3, C:4, D:4 wide)
- MXPK11: PS3 Expansion Kit
- MXPUX1: XPS expansion kit
- MXPF10: Barcode Font Kit
- MXFX11: Facsimile expansion kit
- ARSU1: Stamp unit
- MXFWX1: Internet-FAX expansion kit
- MXEB16: Productivity Kit
- MXAMX1: Application integration module
- MXAMX2: Application communication module
- MXAMX3: External account module
- MXFR40U: Data Security kit (Commercial)
- MXKB14N: Keyboard
- MXUSX1/USX5: Sharpdesk ver3.2 1/5-license kit
- MXUS10/US50: Sharpdesk ver3.2 10/50-license kit
- MXUSA0: Sharpdesk ver3.2 100-license kit
- MXUN01A: Sharp OSA Network Scanner Tool (1 license)
- MXUN05A: Sharp OSA Network Scanner Tool (5 licenses)
- MXUN10A: Sharp OSA Network Scanner Tool (10 licenses)
- MXUN50A: Sharp OSA Network Scanner Tool (50 licenses)
- MXUN1HA: Sharp OSA Network Scanner Tool (100 licenses)
Engine speed (colour & B/W) Max. 23 cpm/ppm (A4, long-edge feeding)
Paper size Max. A3 wide, min. A5R
Paper capacity Standard: 600 sheets
(80 g/m2) (500-sheet tray and 100-sheet multi-bypass tray)
Maximum: 3,100 sheets
Paper weight Tray: 60 g/m2 to 220 g/m2
Multi-bypass tray: 55 g/m2 to 300 g/m2
Warm-up time*1 19 sec.
Memory [Standard] Copy/print (shared): 2GB 320GB HDD*2
[Option] Print: 3GB
Power requirements 230 – 240V AC, 50/60 Hz
Power consumption (max.) 1.84 kW
Dimensions (W x D x H) 583 x 642 x 834 mm
Weight Approx. 72.6 kg
Original paper size Max. A3
First copy time*3 Full colour: 10.0 sec. B/W: 7.4 sec.
Continuous copy Max. 999 copies
Resolution Scan (colour): 600 x 600 dpi
Scan (B/W): 600 x 600 dpi, 600 x 400 dpi, 600 x 300 dpi
Print: 600 x 600 dpi
9600 x 600 dpi (depending on print mode)
Gradation Equivalent to 256 levels
Zoom range 25 to 400% (25 to 200% using RSPF) in 1% increments
Preset copy ratios 10 ratios (5R/5E)
Scan method Push scan (via control panel), pull scan (TWAIN-compliant application)
Resolution Push scan: 100, 200, 300, 400, 600 dpi
Pull scan*4: 75, 100, 150, 200, 300, 400, 600 dpi
50 to 9,600 dpi via user setting*5
File formats TIFF, PDF, encrypted PDF, JPEG (colour only), XPS*6 ,PDF/A
Scanner utility Sharpdesk, Sharpdesk Mobile*7
Scan destinations Scan to e-mail, desktop, FTP server, network folder (SMB), USB memory
Document filing capacity*8 Main and custom folders: 20,000 pages*9 or 3,000 files
Quick file folder: 10,000 pages*9 or 3,000 files
Stored jobs*9 Copy, print, scan, fax transmission
Storage folders Quick file folder, main folder, custom folder (max. 1,000 folders)
Confidential storage Password protection
Resolution 600 x 600 dpi, 9,600 (equivalent) x 600 dpi,
Interface USB 2.0
Supported OS*10 Windows Server® 2003/2008/2012, Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, Windows® 7, Windows® 8,
Mac OS X 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8
Network protocols*10 TCP/IP (lPv4, IPv6), IPX/SPX (NetWare), NetBEUI, EtherTalk (AppleTalk)
Printing protocols LPR, Raw TCP (port 9100), POP3 (e-mail printing), HTTP, Novell Printserver application with NDS and Bindery, FTP for downloading print files, EtherTalk printing, IPP
PDL (emulation) Standard: Sharp Advanced Printing Language-c, PCL 6 emulation*11
Option*12: PS3 emulation, XPS
Available fonts 80 fonts for PCL, 136 fonts for PS3 emulation
(optional MX-FX11 required)
Compression method MH/MR/MMR/JBIG
Communication protocol Super G3/G3
Transmission time Less than 3 seconds*13
Modem speed 33,600 bps to 2,400 bps with automatic fallback
Transmission resolution From Standard (203.2 x 97.8 dpi) to Ultra Fine (406.4 x 391 dpi)
Recording width A3 to A5
Memory 512MB, max. 1GB*4
Grey scale levels Equivalent to 256 levels
* 1 : At rated voltage, 23°C. May vary depending on operating conditions and environment
* 2 : HDD capacity depends on procurement and sourcing status
* 3 : Long-edge feeding of A4 sheets from 1st paper tray, using document glass, without Auto
Colour Selection and Auto Colour mode, MFD in fully ready condition. May vary
depending on operating conditions and environment.
* 4 : Optional MX-EB16 required.
* 5 : Resolutions higher than 600 dpi are interpolated.
* 6 : To view XPS files on PCs not running Windows Vista, you must have the XPS Viewer
* 7 : Availability varies by country/region.
* 8 : Storage capacity will vary depending on the type of document and the scan settings.
* 9 : Some features require option(s).
*10: Optional MX-PK11 required for Mac OS and EtherTalk.
*11: As print performance may decrease depending on the type of data, Sharp recommends installing
the optional MX-EB16 for optimal MFP performance.
*12: PS requires optional MX-PK11. XPS requires optional MX-EB16, MX-PUX1 and 2GB memory.
*13: Based on Sharp’s standard chart with approx. 700 characters (A4 long-edge feeding) at standard
resolution in Super G3 mode, 33,600 bps, JBIG compression.
- Design and specification are subject to change without prior notice.
- Colour variations to products may occur due to printing.
- Some features require optional items. Please consult with an authorised Sharp Reseller for deatils.
- All information and technical details are correct as at machine release date.
Windows, Windows Server, Windows Vista, and Excel are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in theUnited States and/or other countries. Adobe and PostScript 3 are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the US and/or other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc. in the US and other countries and is used under license by Apple Inc. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. All other brand names and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- The Energy Star logo is a certification mark and may only be used to certify products that have been determined to meet the Energy Star programme requirements. Energy Star is a US registered mark. The Energy Star guidelines apply to products only in the US, Europe, Australia, New Zealand,Japan, Canada and Taiwan.
This Sharp product is warranted against faults in material and manufacture for the period as stated in the table below.
In the event of any defect arising in the equipment during the warranty period, such repairs should only be carried out by the Dealer from which the unit was originally purchased or a Service Centre approved by Sharp to service this type of equipment These repairs would be carried out at no charge to the owner, subject to the conditions specified herein.
This warranty does not extend to defects or injuries caused by or resulting from causes not attributable to faulty parts or the manufacture of the product, including but not limited to, defect or injury caused by or resulting from misuse, abuse, neglect, lack of maintenance, accidental damage, improper voltage, liquid spillage, vermin infestation, software, or any alterations made to the product which are not authorised by Sharp.
Please retain your sales documentation, as this should be produced to validate a warranty claim. This warranty is in addition to and in no way limits, varies or excludes any implied rights and remedies under any relevant legislation in the country of sale.
This warranty does not cover transportation to and from the Sharp Approved Service Centre. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods. The repair of your goods may result in the loss of user generated data, please ensure that you have saved this data elsewhere prior to repair.
Australian customers: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. The criteria of a major failure is defined in the Australian Consumer Law. Should you require any assistance with a major failure please contact Sharp Customer Care.
Data Projector 24 months (excluding lamps and air filters)
Copier / Printer 6 months
Electronic Cash Registers 12 months
Facsimile 12 months
Information Display Panel 36 months
POS Terminals 12 months
AL Copier 12 months
Calculator 12 months
Personal Organiser 12 months
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This warranty applies to products sold in Australia & New Zealand